Know solutions to the frequent webcam and microphone issues for various browsers
Make sure that have the latest versions of Chrome/Firefox/Safari browsers
Make sure that your drivers are updated
1) Browser based access
1.1) Chrome - Allowing Chrome to access webcam.
- With Chrome open, click or tap the menu at the top right. It's represented by three horizontally stacked dots.
- Click Settings
- Scroll all the way down the page and open the Advanced link
- Scroll to the bottom of the Privacy and Security section and choose Site settings
- Click Camera
- Enable the Ask before accessing option
- Refresh your browser. It will now give you a prompt to allow access to the webcam. Click Allow
1.2) You can watch the below video to allow access in Chrome.
1.3) Firefox - Allowing Firefox to access WebcamFirefox will prompt you to grant access to the camera, click allow
1.4) Safari - Allowing Safari to access Webcam
- Click the Safari app menu in the upper left corner of the screen
- Click Preferences
- Select the Websites tab
- Click camera in the sidebar
- Select a website that is currently open
- Select the permission for the website. You can allow, deny, or require the website to ask permission every time
2. System based access to webcam
Even after providing the permissions on the browser, you may face issues if your system had disabled camera permissions.
Depending on the system you are using (Windows/Mac) you can enable the camera permissions.
Click Settings -> Privacy -> Camera -> Enable the settings
1.1 For Microphone in Chrome
1.2) For Microphone in Firefox
- Click on the padlock in the URL bar at the top of the browser and click Permissions.
- Next to Use the Microphone, choose Allow.
In case this does not solve your issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org