Upload your own coding questions and use them in the test
Interview Mocha has a wide range of question types so that you can test the candidate skills with a lot of parameters. While screening for a developer role, along with aptitude you can test coding skills of the candidate. Just like you can upload other types of questions you can upload your coding question in the test as well.
You can watch the video or read the steps to add own coding questions.
Here is the quick guide on how to add your coding question.
- Click “My Questions” tab on the top panel
- Click “Add questions” (Note : If you are uploading the questions for the first time, you need to create Category and Skills before adding questions. Read how to upload questions)
- From the drop-down menu, select “Coding”
- Select the skill to which you want to add the question
- Write the problem statement in the Question (There can be multiple test cases for the given problem statement. You can write test cases with the expected input & expected output.)
- Allot the points for the test cases
Test cases are the different types of inputs to test the candidate's defined logic and produce the output. When your candidate writes a code, test cases help to validate the correctness and the logic of their code. For example, if you ask your candidate to write a code find the first non-repeated character in a given string. You can define the test case for this Question as shown below.
In the Test, when a candidate writes and executes the code for this question, the test case is validated against the Candidate's code. If the candidate's code successfully executes the hidden Test cases and returns the expected output, then Candidate achieves the score assigned for this test case. If you select the Default checkbox, the test case will be shown to the candidate on code compilation during the test.
Steps to upload the question
Note: There are two ways to evaluate the coding skills of candidate either by providing code stub or by asking to write the code on the blank screen. For 1st option choose, “Add code Stub” and for latter choose “Candidate has to write the code.”
You can also choose the coding language of code stub from the list of languages given in the drop-down on the right side.
You can also customize the test instructions for the coding section.
To customize the test instructions
1. Click the test name in My Tests
2. Under Questions, click the settings icon in the coding section
3. You can write your instructions here, click Save
Note: Candidate can write the code in any language pre-selected by you.
Points will be the sum total of all the test cases.
In case of any queries, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org